When you create a new farm or connect to an existing farm, you need to activate a product license. If the computers on your network have no access to the Internet, you will need to copy the license utility to a computer with Internet access and complete the activation from there.
Activate Capture Server Pro Offline
- Attempt to create a new farm or add the Repository Service feature or the Processing Service feature to a machine in an existing farm, as described in the Create a New Farm or Add the Processing Service Feature to a Server Articles.
- On the Activate Your Services page, enter the product license key in the text box and then click Activate.
- Copy the C:\ProgramData\KnowledgeLake\Licensing folder from the server to the same location on a computer with Internet access.
- Open Windows Command Prompt as an administrator on the computer with Internet access.
- Run the following command line from the Licensing folder:
LicenseUtility.exe -p=PSS -a
- On the License Utility window, ensure that the C:\ProgramData\KnowledgeLake\Licensing\PSS\LicenseData folder contains the LicenseData file, and then click Activate.
- When the activation procedure has finished, copy the Activation file from C:\ProgramData\KnowledgeLake\Licensing\PSS\LicenseData to the same location on the server with no Internet access.
- Rename the Activation file to xml.
- When you next attempt to create a new farm or add the Repository Service feature or Processing Service feature to a machine in an existing farm, on the Activate Your Services page, the server will be activated.
NOTE: If you are experiencing any issues with this method, you can also contact KnowledgeLake Support and they can generate a key after gathering some information about your server.