If you'd like to add an additional processing service to distribute your document processing, Ensure you have followed the Connect to a Machine instructions and then follow the procedure below.
Install Processing Service
- Open the Capture Server Farm Administration app, usually at http://servername:7216.
- On the Farm page, locate the machine that you want to add the Processing Service to, and then click the Expand button () next to it.
- Click the Install button next to the Processing Service. The Add a Feature wizard will open.
- On the Add a Feature wizard’s Welcome page, click Next Page. The wizard will proceed to unpack the feature.
- On the Choose Plugins to Install page, select the plugins that you want to install, and then click Next Page.
- On the Preparing to Install page, when all of the actions have the Completed status, click Next Page.
- On the Activate Your Services page, enter the product license key in the text box, click Activate, and then click Next Page.
NOTE: If the computers on your network have no access to the Internet, the activation will fail. For instructions about how to activate a product license offline, refer to the Activate a Product License Offline Article.
- On the Configure Your Processing Service page, configure the service, and then click Next Page.
For more information about the service options, refer to the following table.
Type a user name for the service account.
Service Account Password
Type the password for the service account.
- On the Connect to Management Database page, configure the database connection, and then click Next Page.
For more information about the database options, refer to the following table.
SQL Server \ Instance
Type the SQL server and instance that you want to use.
Management Database Name
Type the Management Database’s name.
o Select Windows to use the service account’s credentials.
o Select SQL to use a SQL user's credentials to communicate with the database.
SQL Account User Name
If you are using SQL authentication, type the SQL user's name.
SQL Account Password
If you are using SQL authentication, type the SQL user's password.
SQL Server Location
o Select On-Premises if you are using an on-premises SQL server.
o Select SQL Azure if you are using SQL server in the Azure cloud service.
- For each plugin that you chose to install, type a new Install Path or keep the default value, and then click Next Page. The wizard will proceed to install the farm features.
- On the Installing Feature(s)page, when all of the features have the Completed status, click Next Page. The wizard will proceed to perform some final installation tasks.
- On the Completing Install page, when all of the features have the Completed status, click Next Page.
- On the Install Successful page, click Finish.
Please sign in to leave a comment.