- Open the Capture Server Farm Administration app, usually at http://servername:7216.
- On the Farm page, locate the machine that you want to remove from the farm, and then click the Remove button () next to it. The Remove a Machine wizard will open.
- On the Remove a Machine wizard’s Welcome page, click Next Page.
NOTE: If any features are installed on the server, the wizard will remove the server from the farm and then close. If no features are installed on the server, the wizard will proceed to the uninstallation settings pages for those features.
- If the Repository Service is installed on the server, configure the Repository Service uninstallation settings.
- On the Repository Service Uninstall Cleanup Settings page, choose whether you want to remove the Repository Database, and then click Next Page.
- If the Apps Framework is installed on the server, configure the Apps Framework uninstallation settings.
On the Site Uninstall Cleanup Settings page, choose whether you want to remove the Apps Database, and then click Next Page.
NOTE: If you selected True for the Remove Database option, the wizard will proceed to the Apps Database Uninstall Settings page. Otherwise it will proceed to the Uninstalling Feature page.
If you chose to uninstall the Apps Database, configure the database connection settings on the Apps Database Uninstall Settings page, and then click Next Page.
For more information about the database options, refer to the following table.
Type the SQL server and instance that you want to use.
Type the Apps Database’s name.
Database User Name
Type the SQL user's name.
Type the SQL user's password.
Connection String Suffix
Type the connection string suffix, if you are using one.
Is Trusted Connection
Select whether you are using a trusted connection.
Is SQL Azure Connection
Select False if you are using an on-premises SQL server.
Select True if you are using SQL server in the Azure cloud service.
- If the Management Service is installed on the server, configure the Management Service uninstallation settings.
- On the Service Uninstall Cleanup Settings page, choose whether you want to remove the Management Service’s databases, and then click Next Page.
- On the Removing Machine from Farm page, after all of the uninstallation actions have completed, click Next Page.
- On the Machine Successfully Removed page, click Finish.
- On the server that you removed from the farm, open Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Uninstall any remaining Capture Server features.
Please sign in to leave a comment.