Once you have gone through the Install Agent steps on all additional services, we can begin adding Capture Server Pro components to new servers and expanding your farm.
Connect to a Machine
You can connect secondary servers to your Capture Server farm. To connect a new machine, use the Connect to a Machine wizard from the Farm Administration app's Farm page.
- Ensure the server that you want to add to the farm has the Install Agent installed, as described in the Install the Install Agent Service section of this guide.
- Open the Capture Server Farm Administration app, usually at http://servername:7216.
- On the Farm page, click Connect to a Machine.
- On the Connect to a Machine wizard’s Welcome page, click Next Page.
- On the Create Connection to Machine page, configure the server and then click Next Page. NOTE: The default agent port is 7213
- On the Connection Successful page, click Finish.
The sections below outline how to perform these tasks for each component:
- Add Apps Framework to a Server
- Add Processing Service to a Server
- Add Management Service to a Server
- Add Repository Service to a Server
The most common things added to secondary servers are Apps Framework and the Processing Service.
- Adding Apps framework to a secondary server will allow load balancing of your user traffic and distribute traffic among multiple servers. This is often done in environments with high user traffic.
- Adding a multiple processing services allows documents to be processed by more than one machine at a time. This is often done in high volume environments