Below are instructions on installing Capture Server Pro on a single server or as a a primary server in a multi server farm.
Install Capture Server Pro
- Run the Capture Server installer.
NOTE: It is recommended that you run the installer while logged in as the user that you intend to use as the service account, which should be a domain account that is a local administrator.
NOTE: If you intend to use Windows authentication for the SQL databases, the service account should also have the dbcreator and securityadmin roles in SQL.
- In the launcher window's Install section, click Capture Server Professional.
- On the Install Your KnowledgeLake Capture Server Pro page, click Next Page.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, read the end-user software license agreement, select the I Accept the Terms & Conditions check box, and then click Next Page.
- On the Check Prerequisites for Services page, if all of the actions have the Success status, click Next Page.
- On the Configure Your Inventory Service page, create a new Inventory Service or connect to an existing Inventory Service, and then click Next Page.
- On the Configure Your Services page, configure the service account, and then click Next Page.
- On the Configure Admin Account page, configure the default account that you will use to log in to Farm Administration.
- Type a User Name.
- Type a Password.
- Type the password again in the Confirm Password
- On the Configure Farm Database page, configure the database that will be used for the farm, and then click Next Page.
- On the Install Services page, if all of the actions have the Success status, click Next Page.
- On the Installation Complete page, click Create My Farm to open the Farm Administration page, and then click Finish.
- On the Farm Administration page, usually at http://servername:7216, configure your farm as described in the Create a New Farm Article.
If you are expanding to a multi-server installation, follow the rest of the steps in the Capture Server Pro Installation Article.