After the Capture Server web applications are installed, they need to be connected to a farm before they can be used. You can use the Create a Farm wizard to create a new farm.
Create a Farm
- Open the Capture Server Farm Administration site, usually at http://servername:7216.
- On the Sign In page, sign in to Farm Administration.
- Select the User Catalog that can validate your credentials.
- Type your Username.
- Type your Password.
- Click Sign In. If you are opening the Farm Administration app for the first time, the Add a Farm wizard will launch automatically.
- On the Create a Farm wizard's Welcome page, click Next Page. The wizard will proceed to unpack the Capture Server features and then check the prerequisites.
- On the Check Prerequisites page, if all of the prerequisite actions have the Passed status, click Next Page.
- On the Activate Your Services page, enter the product license key in the text box, click Activate, and then click Next Page.
NOTE: If the computers on your network have no access to the Internet, the activation will fail. For instructions about how to activate a product license offline, refer to the Activate a Product License Offline Article.
- On the Configure Your Services page, configure the service account and ports, and then click Next Page.
- On the Configure Your Farm Settings page, configure the farm settings, and then click Next Page.
- On the Configure Default Administrator page, configure the default account that you will use to configure your initial settings in the Configuration app, and then click Next Page.
- Type a User Name.
- Type a Password.
- Type the password again in the Confirm Password
- On the Configure Your Databases page, configure the databases, and then click Next Page.
NOTE: If you selected Rename for the Database Names option, the wizard will proceed to the Advanced Database Configuration page. Otherwise it will proceed to the Ready to Install page.
- If you chose to rename the databases, rename the databases on the Advanced Database Configuration page, and then click Next Page.
- On the Ready to Install page, review the components that will be installed, and then click Next Page. The wizard will proceed to install the farm features.
- On the Installing Features page, when all of the features have the Completed status, click Next Page. The wizard will proceed to perform some final installation tasks.
- On the Completing Install page, when all of the features have the Completed status, click Next Page.
- On the Install Successful page, click Finish.
- On the Capture Server Homepage, usually at http://servername:7210, finish preparing your farm for processing by configuring processes, jobs, and other features.