Email Import jobs download unread email messages directly from an email server and create batches from the messages and their attachments. The supported email server types are Exchange, IMAP, and Office365.
- Emails inside of KnowledgeLake will have reserved words automatically filled on a document. Reserved words are pieces of metadata that can be used to name, folder, and audit a document. The reserved words we fill out for emails are Title, Subject, To, From, CC, SentOn, AttachCount, Importance and Sensitivity.
NOTE: More information on these reserved words can be found in the documentation or in the Reserved Words knowledge base article (Under Construction).
Configure an Email Import Job
- Go to the Capture Server Home page.
- On the Home page, click Jobs.
- On the Jobs page, click Import in the navigation panel on the left side of the page.
- Add or edit an Email Import job.
- Configure the Email Import job.
- For information on each job setting, reference the Jobs Settings Glossary
NOTE: KnowledgeLake Email Imports will only support three types of email inbox as of this time. Those are Exchange Server, IMAP Server, and an Office 365 Server.
NOTE: This will be the Office365 server URL ending in /ews/exchange.asmx, for example https://outlook.office365.com/ews/exchange.asmx.
Note: When configuring an Email Import job for an Office365 email account, do not schedule the job to run more frequently than once every 5 to 10 minutes. If the job runs too often, errors may occur due to the frequent login attempts.
6. When you have finished configuring the job, click the Save button in the lower-right corner of the page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.