Filter behaviors limit the list of choices for a Lookup or Drop Down field based on the value of the field that has the Filter behavior. When an indexing user enters a value for the key field, the filtered field’s list of choices is automatically limited to the associated values from the data source.
- This behavior can only be applied to fields with the following styles selected:
- Drop Down
- To utilize this behavior, you will need to have a Source configured. You can find instructions on how to do this in the Configuring a Source article (Under Construction).
Configure a Filter
- Go to the Capture Server Home page.
- On the Home page, click Connections.
- On the Connections page, click Destinations in the navigation panel on the left side of the page.
- Click the name of the destination with the content type that contains the indexing field that you want to edit.
- In the destination’s content type list, click the name of the content type that contains the indexing field that you want to edit.
- On the content type’s field list, expand the row of the indexing field that you want to edit by clicking the Expand button ()
- On the Behaviors tab, click Add a Behavior or click the Edit button () next to the behavior that you want to edit.
- If you are adding a new behavior, on the Configure a Behavior wizard’s Welcome page, select Filter from the behavior type list, and then click Next.
- On the Configure Filter page, configure the behavior.
- Select the external data source from the Source
- Select the database table from the Choose a Table
- In the Key Field row, select the database column from the Database Fields list that you want to compare the key field’s value to.
- In the Filtered Field row, select a field to filter from the Content Type Fields list and then select the database column that you want to provide the filtered field’s values.
- When you have finished configuring the behavior, click Save.