The Separate Your Documents activity reads barcode values and uses them to separate a document’s pages between multiple documents. With the Separate Your Documents wizard, you can configure multiple barcode rules to detect different barcode types to separate documents.
Configure Separate Your Documents
- On the Separate Your Documents wizard’s Welcome page, click Next Page.
- On the Barcode Rule page, click Add a Barcode Rule.
- On the Barcode Type page, type a name for the barcode rule in the Barcode Rule Name
- In the Content Type list, select the content type that you want to use this rule with.
- Select the Barcode Types to Ignore, select the Barcode Types to Detect, and then click Next Page.
- On the Locate page, select the barcode location from the drop-down list, and then select the reading direction of the barcode from the drop-down list.
- Type the sequence of the barcode in the Sequence box, type the page that it will be detected on in the Page box, and then click Next Page.
- NOTE: Sequence will take into account both the location and the direction selected in the Locate a Barcode page. If a barcode is not in the selected area, it will not be included in any sequence.
Example : Whole Page, Top to Bottom Example: Whole Page, Left to Right
- On the Value page, if you want to replace the barcode value with a specific value, type a value in the text box, otherwise leave the text box blank.
- Click Next Page.
- On the Description page, click Next Page.
- On the Configure page, choose whether you want to delete the barcode page, and then click Next Page.
- On the Content Type page, select the content type that you want to change the document to, and then click Next Page.
- On the Populate page, if you want to also populate document properties, click Add a Property and then configure the property.
- Choose whether you want to populate a batch property or a document property.
- Select the property that you want to populate.
- Type the value that you want to populate the property with.
- Choose whether you want to lock the value and add it to every new item until either a new barcode changes the value or the end of the batch is reached.
- When you have finished configuring the property, click Save Property.
- For any additional properties that you want to populate, repeat steps 14 and 15.
- When you have added all of the properties that you want to populate, click Save Settings.
- On the Barcode Rule page, for any additional barcode rules that you want to add, repeat steps 2 through 17.
- When you have finished configuring barcode rules, click Save Settings.
Example: Barcode pages are deleted and pages are separated into documents after each barcode sheet.
For more information on Barcode Detection and scenarios, reference the Advanced Barcoding article (Under Construction).