The Separate Your Documents activity reads barcode values and uses them to separate a document’s pages between multiple documents. With the Separate Your Documents wizard, you can configure multiple barcode rules to detect different barcode types to separate documents.
Configure Separate Your Documents
- On the Separate Your Documents wizard’s Welcome page, click Next Page.
- On the Barcode Rule page, click Add a Barcode Rule.
- On the Barcode Type page, type a name for the barcode rule in the Barcode Rule Name
- In the Content Type list, select the content type that you want to use this rule with.
- Select the Barcode Types to Ignore, select the Barcode Types to Detect, and then click Next Page.
- On the Locate page, select the barcode location from the drop-down list, and then select the reading direction of the barcode from the drop-down list.
- Type the sequence of the barcode in the Sequence box, type the page that it will be detected on in the Page box, and then click Next Page.
- NOTE: Sequence will take into account both the location and the direction selected in the Locate a Barcode page. If a barcode is not in the selected area, it will not be included in any sequence.
Example : Whole Page, Top to Bottom Example: Whole Page, Left to Right
- On the Value page, if you want to replace the barcode value with a specific value, type a value in the text box, otherwise leave the text box blank.
- Click Next Page.
- On the Description page, click Next Page.
- On the Configure page, choose whether you want to delete the barcode page, and then click Next Page.
- On the Content Type page, select the content type that you want to change the document to, and then click Next Page.
- On the Populate page, if you want to also populate document properties, click Add a Property and then configure the property.
- Choose whether you want to populate a batch property or a document property.
- Select the property that you want to populate.
- Type the value that you want to populate the property with.
- Choose whether you want to lock the value and add it to every new item until either a new barcode changes the value or the end of the batch is reached.
- When you have finished configuring the property, click Save Property.
- For any additional properties that you want to populate, repeat steps 14 and 15.
- When you have added all of the properties that you want to populate, click Save Settings.
- On the Barcode Rule page, for any additional barcode rules that you want to add, repeat steps 2 through 17.
- When you have finished configuring barcode rules, click Save Settings.
Example: Barcode pages are deleted and pages are separated into documents after each barcode sheet.
For more information on Barcode Detection and scenarios, reference the Advanced Barcoding article (Under Construction).
Please sign in to leave a comment.